Roland JV-1080

What do you want to know? A classic box, the JV line was incorporated into and surpassed by the XV, Fantom, etc now up to the Integra. I've got a 1080 as well as an 880 and XV-2020 in the closet to eBay when I get around to it. I've got a Fantom XR with a bunch of SRX boards that handle all the 1080's previous duties. I've still got a JD-990 in the rack with a vintage keys board. That said, the JV-1080nis still a good bread and butter module you should be able to pick up for less than $200 USD.

Started of with a JV-80 when it was new, then went to an XP-80 when it was the flagship piece. The JV-1080 is a great rack, especially if you load it up with a few expansions.

I'm using the XP as not only a sound source but as my MIDI controller.

I don't know if any of that is relavent, but I figured it's all in the same family. ;)

Yeah, using the JV1080 here as well for subtle background soundscapes. There is always something in the unit that works on a track. Some of the sounds are dated, just stay away from those, but it's still a great sounding box. Kind of like a Swiss army knife on a camping trip, it always can be used for something.

164 views and nobody care to give any opinion. Fk ya!

Dude, don't take it like that. It just means no one could give you an opinion. When you are talking about older equipment, it either has the sound you want or it doesn't. Very personal. Its not like, how's this interface, or how is this technically. This is just an area that is hard to comment on. As you can see by the comments that were given, there is not much to say.

You shouldn't take it as if anyone is slighting you.

Back