Roland BR1200CD or ZOOM MRS1608 Help!!

huntsman64

As someone about to move into the digital recording world, and having narrowed my search down to these two models, which do you reckon is the best buy?

I can get them both for the same price and obviously the Zoom has more tracks but as a bedroom recorder I would appreciate any advice anyone could give

what is the $$ brand new? Cause no matter what, go with the roland. They kick ass. www.vsplanet.com and check it out. I use a Vs2480 and it's the bomb. Or you can find a better one on ebay.

Hey there, Hunt. If you'd asked about the Yamaha aw16g, you probably would have received more response to your question. There's a solid group of us here using and praising the Yammie whenever we get the chance. If you don't need a built-in drum machine, then you may want to add the 16g to your list--I'm seeing it advertised lately for under $800 (new). A great stand-alone DAW, low cost with an especially helpful user forum to get you going:

http://forum.dijonstock.com/

Search our forum here or the one above here for more feedback on this and other stand-alones.

Good luck, whatever you decide~
J.

Back