roger water's headphone

thomas_cansing

were can i get the headphones that roger water's once had in the " live at pompeii" dvd... king of retrofuturistic white headphones... I'e seen lot's of vintage headphones on ebay but i'm looking for those exact ones... anyone?? at least the name and model so i can track 'em.\

thanx!!

chessrock said:
I think he was using Behringers.

I don't think Behringer was around during that period. The headphones Roger used would be ones that were being sold around 1971-72. I will try to find out.

Quantagee said:
I don't think Behringer was around during that period. The headphones Roger used would be ones that were being sold around 1971-72. I will try to find out.

Alright, then. I'll be they were M-Audio.

Quantagee said:

some say i'm crazy, so take this with a grain of salt... but i don't think chess was serious. but like i said... i'm off my rocker. on a more direct note, what is driving you to find these drivers (headphone humor)?

heroics321 said:
some say i'm crazy, so take this with a grain of salt... but i don't think chess was serious. but like i said... i'm off my rocker. on a more direct note, what is driving you to find these drivers (headphone humor)?

The original poster wants to know what kind and model of headphones that Roger Waters used during the filming of "Live in Pompeii" Maybe I can find out.

that's who i was directing the question at, my appologies. requests for specifics on artists' gear such as this make me curious.

Okay, I just found out ...

They were MoreMe.

Apparently, Waters was rather taken by them after reading a favorable review on Mojo Pie.

chessrock said:

They were MoreMe.

Apparently, Waters was rather taken by them after reading a favorable review on Mojo Pie.

what kind of white spray paint did he use? they're not white in the first place. wouldn't it adversely affect the sound? white reflects while black absorbs, so i'd like to know where you are getting your facts from mr.rock. maybe you should make like the anchors on msnbc and lay off the blogs for awhile ;).

chessrock said:

They were MoreMe.

I think that the MoreMe headphones could not be what Waters was using. The MoreMe haedphones most likely come from China and back in 1971 China did not manufacture audio equipment. MOJO Pie was not around, either. These are good suggestions, but it is likely that they are not right. I will keep looking as it is a great question.

Quantagee said:
I think that the MoreMe headphones could not be what Waters was using. The MoreMe haedphones most likely come from China and back in 1971 China did not manufacture audio equipment. MOJO Pie was not around, either. These are good suggestions, but it is likely that they are not right. I will keep looking as it is a great question.

I'm telling you it's true. I saw the thread he started over at the Recording Forums:

"Best headphones < $200 for recording our Live video @ Pompei ? ? "

And the thread was started by a guy named Walters.

Hint: If you take out the "l" then you have "Waters." Honestly, Quantagee. I'm wondering if you've been living under a rock or something.

chessrock said:
I'm telling you it's true. I saw the thread he started over at the Recording Forums:

"Best headphones < $200 for recording our Live video @ Pompei ? ? "

And the thread was started by a guy named Walthers.

Hint: If you take out the "l" and the "h," then you have "Waters." Honestly, Quantagee. I'm wondering if you've been living under a rock or something.

Interesting, maybe you are right?

I will look. Thanks.

Another thing I'll bet a lot of you didn't know:

Led Zeppelin IV was originally tracked to Pro Tools. At the time, it was still in beta testing, and they could only do 8 tracks at a time. But it was an early version of what would later evolve in to Pro Tools.

Apparently, Bonham didn't like what it did to his drums (at the time, 8 bit was the highest resolution available), so he had them submixed to 2" tape. It's the first known record of someone doing this.

chessrock said:
Another thing I'll bet a lot of you didn't know:

Led Zeppelin IV was originally tracked to Pro Tools. At the time, it was still in beta testing, and they could only do 8 tracks at a time. But it was an early version of what would later evolve in to Pro Tools.

Apparently, Bonham didn't like what it did to his drums (at the time, 8 bit was the highest resolution available), so he had them submixed to 2" tape. It's the first known record of someone doing this.

I don't know. Pro-Tools was not around back in 1971-72 timeframe. You could be wrong. I think they used an analog recorder (8 track) to make that album. I will look on the album cover for the credits ( I have the actual LP and not the CD). If Pro-Tools really goes back that far then I will be amazed!

Thanks for the info. This could be an exciting find.

Back