Rode NTK fan looking for a live vocal mic

Sage97

Need your suggestions on two mics:

My bigger need is for quieter solo or duo acoustic applications. Condensor maybe? The Neumann is too expensive for me.

I've read about the 535 and the e865s here in the forum but not a whole lot on a Rode condensor for live use. Doesn't need to be a Rode but in the studio, the NTK is it for me.

Second mic is not really a need but am entertaining alternatives to my SM58 for a rock n' roll band. Actually happy with the 58 but was just curious if there is something else out there other than this workhorse.

Thanks in advance.

I much prefer the Audix OM6 to the SM58 for live use. Good rejection before feedback and much clearer than the 58. About $100 or so used on e-bay.

On a budget, the C535eb is a good performing condenser. I also like the AT-4054 for a performing condenser on the cheap. Predecessor to the AE5400 and based on the AT-4050 capsule. Were $500 list. Now sell for $110-140 used. Two that were in the classifieds just sold for $110 each. I've got three of them and they are great. Even cheaper than the 535 used.

Back