Rode NT5 Acoustic Guitar Samples

ShaneSelby

I just got done recording two songs for a friend of mine using a pair of NT5's. Thought I would post a sample so you could hear these mics on acoustic guitar.

I placed one NT5 over the right sholder pointing directly at the sound hole and the other out in front pointing about where the neck meets the body. There is a DI real faint in the background that will be removed later. The bass is just a scratch for flavor and will be replaced later by the basist.

The tracks are just as they were recorded. No EQ with a bit of compression.
NT5 => alesis 32 =>RNC (super nice) => delta 1010

Let me know what you think of the NT5's.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=2149&alid=-1

Shane

???????????????

41 reviews and no comments?

I posted this clip so that you all could hear these mics and share your opinions. I guess I should not waste my time posting clips if nobody is interrested in it.

I think that, all in all, it's a fairly well-written song, but it could use a little more bass. Also, I couldn't hear the vocals very well. In fact, I'd almost swear you had the vocals turned all the way down.

Buddy, if you're looking to make it in the music business, I'm afraid you're going to have to write some catchier hooks. And kids need a beat to dance to. I hear they really get in to that wrap stuff, too, so we definitely need to get busy writing some of those "kickin' def rymes." And use lots of words like "homeboy," "yo," "kickin it," etc. I hear such catch phrases are popular with the 20-and-under African American crowd.

There's hope.

Gotcha. :D lol.

Sounds like you got a pretty nice accoustic guitar mic, there. I heard everything loud and clear. Good definition without sounding harsh. Good stereo image. Sounds like a winner.

Chessrock,
I am not real sure but I dont think your first post was directed towards me. Therefore, I will assume the second one was and will say thank you for the reply.

It's called humor, shane :D (BTW, you should try posting this in the microphone forum if you want more people to respond -- just a suggestion).

Chessrock,

Sorry, I guess I didnt see the humor in your post. I just actually thought the first post was not directed at me. I see where you were going with "your humor" now but there is a more appropriate time and place for it! :-)

I posted these samples for the purpose of letting the board here the NT5's on acoustic guitar. Lets keep focused.

Thanks,
Shane

ease up dude.

i tried to get to the link but nowhereradio threw an error.

i want to hear it because i'm trying to decide between a matched pair of NT5's or a single shure sm81.

i'm figuring i can use the sm81 up close an my at4033 distant, but having a matched pair of NT5's might be better.

"ease up"...

Ummm... I did appologize for not understanding the "humor."
:-) = my lighhearted attemp at humor myself...
I am at ease my friend!

I am not sure what is wrong with nowhereradio.com but the link is accurate. I guess the site is down. If you get a chance try back at another time.

I like the NT5's but you might want to consider waiting on the release of the C4's. Great things are expected from these mics. Street price should be under $400.

Shane

finally got the chance to listen to "dont wait until".

the guitar is very clear.

i'm am now leaning towards the matched pair of nt5 rather than a single sm81.

Shelby,

I wonder what guitar your friend used?
Looking for a decent guitar myself and I liked the sound you got
with the nt5s.

King Alfalfa

Back