Rode Nt2-a

11miles

Ok

SO i am in between buying a new mic!
Still.

HAve my eye on a used but near mint condition Rode!

All suggestions, opinions, reviews, expirineces, pro's and con's Do's and dont's are most welcomed!

thanks!

I'm sorry I cant tell you how to determine where the mic was made, but I've read and been told that if the Rode was made in China, avoid it.......if it is new enough to have been built in Australia, then jump on it.

See if you can try it first...then you'll know if it's good or not. I like the Rode NTK, but I haven't really liked the other lesser Rode's much...

Jacob

Rode tested :)

[insert sound of 0.02c being thrown onto table]

I'm a big fan of Aussie-made Rode mics. Sure, they might not stack up against your Neumanns, but as far as bang-for-the-buck goes, they really are superb!

I have an NT1-a, NT2000 and the original NTV. I mainly use the smooth 2000 nowdays for recording vocals and sax, unless I want a brighter, rockier sound when I'll grab the NT1-a.
I reserve the valve for my own vocal use ;)

Dags

Only half correct!

11miles said:
(1) I am sure that the NT2-a is all Aussie made!

(2) Its predecesor NT2 however is China made!

Statement 1 is correct.
Statement 2 is incorrect. NT2 used Chinese made capsules to Rode specs. with Aus electronics and bodies.

I recently attended a presentation by a Rode factory rep. We were told that ALL current Rode models are Australian made, including the capsules.

Last edited:
Back