Rode NT-5

I've used them a lot for acoustic guitar. I like them. For a stereo setup, I like to place one about 8" out from the 10th fret pointed slightly in toward the sound hole, and the second about 5" to the right of the guitarist's right ear (assuming they're right-handed) pointed down toward the body of the guitar. This gives a nice image and a good balance between the woody/boomy body and the tinny/finger-soundy neck. For mono you just have to move the mic around until you find a good spot for that guitar and that room. Anyway, I hope that helps, good luck!

-Peter

Thank you very much...shortly here I'll be doing a acoustic project and then a full band project after that...so if these mics can do both jobs well, that would be super. What pres did you use for the acoustic?

I use them as drum overheads and on acoustic guitar. They are pretty sensative, so they don't hide/mask anything. I don't have much experiece with SDC, but I like them more then the pair of KSM109s and MXL 990s I've tried since. I think they are the most impressive mics in my small collection (Shure KSM32, Shure SM57, Sennheisher MD421).

Back