rockNroll

Drivin' tune. Good old feel to it. I like ! Good mix. Nice tone.... I like everything I'm hearing.

Very cool the way it kicks down leading into the solo.

I like where the vox sit.

Chord changes in the bridge keeps the interest.

Great stuff

Joe

Cool tune!

This has a real smooth mix. Really decent sound, nice vocal performance. I don't like the way you say "fortune and pain" but that's a nitpickey personal thing.

Great job.

I'm not sure why but I'm getting clicky artifacts after 5:00. Sounds like a bad CD burn or something.

The tune doesn't have enough gas IMO to keep going this long, it kinda pushes the interest threshold to it's max.

This song has a great live sound but it's about two minutes too long IMO.

This thing Rocks,

Love the guitars sound, and play!!

Only thing that I think would make this better, would be a wilder drum track.

The drums sound way to subdued for the song.

Next time tell the drummer to go wild. Maybe get the muppets drummer.

Great song, recording!!

GT

Guitars and bass sound great. Loved the doubled guitars. Real smooth sound all around. Your voice sounded terrific. Lead guit was nice as well. Good middle and good fills. Very well played. Maybe a bit more lead guit than necessary, but when they're played like that it's not so bad.

The vocals seem pretty heavily compressed. Maybe a bit more than necessary. Harmonies during the chorus would be a nice addition I think.

Lyrically it didn't do much for me ("deal the cards, roll the dice" "love ain't no guarantee", etc), kind of "well used" thoughts.

Good amp and feedback noise at the very end.

Just checking in to tell you this song ROCKS!!!!!!!!!!!

I would pay to see you play live any time AND buy the album.Get busy with that DAVID!

You have definetly solved the clipping and distortion problems you had on your previous mixes.This mix is top notch.The guitars rock and the drums are kickin.Vocals are superb as ALWAYS.

This has a Bad Company feel to it.I love Bad Company.You have a Paul Rogers swagger about you.

You managed to capture a cool moment with this tune david.This has that guitar rock feel to it all the way through.My kind of stuff.

This song would rock live man.This is the kind of stuff that gets a crowd to roaring.

You should be famous.

Good tune dude!

P.s. what happened with your DAVID username?:eek: :D

Good tune. Nice beat and rym. You can sing real good :) What amp was you useing to record the guitar? sounded sweet.

thanks fella's

Smokepole" good old feel to it" hehe..yeah:D , thanks for listening Joe.

Jake "the snake' owa- I don't like the way I say that line either...matter of fact they're plenty other lines in that tune that i'm not happy about, but that one sticks out more so. I agree the song is way to long...but:D . Thanks

GT-- Thanks for the listen GT, means a lot.

TripleM- i can't remember the amount of compression on vocals, but i don't think it was very much:confused: Yeah way to much lead thru the whole song, wasn't really intended just turned out that way..i may edit some out. Nice review man i appreciate it!

Kramer- "P.s. what happened with your DAVID username?":D You fukin know already haha...i was framed man. Thanks man, yeah i'm slowly gettin a handle on the mixing, still a long way's off but it's comming. You're to kind man:D ..Thanks

ZEKE SAYER- The amp is a 5150 head and Laney 2/12 cab. Thanks for the words ZEKE.

I liked the whole damned thing! :) may7be jus a tad shorter unless we were jamming on it and it might get another 2 or 3 minutes. :cool:

GOOD SONG! Nice dynamics, it builds good, comes back down to the verses good. Leads into the chorus nicely. But, as pointed out earlier it's WAYYY too long. Save the long drawn out version for the stage. But after 3:30 it left me maxed out, you can't keep a listener "peaking" too long. They will start to get bored. What I mean by peaking is, you already pretty much gave us everything the song offered, why extend it longer than it needs to be? I thought the end was going to come right aound 4:00 but like a Ginsu knife, there's more! :) While I'm not really into that classical rock sound, (70's type rock) this was a good jam. Congrats!!

I forgot about the user name situation so I almost missed this! You have to get the word out..

great tune! The vocals sound a lot like Bad Company! Nice guitars.. There really isn't much to complain about except the lack of bass drum.. I can barely hear a bass drum in the louder sections..

I didn't realize it was 7 minutes long! It didn't seem that long.. The part @4:30 was great!

You should have put a sign on this thread saying 'this is David.'

What happened to your name?

nice job with the straight up rock and roll!!!!!

Only 10 posts in this thread?

People dont know who you are man!LMAO!

Hey everybody,Freshears is the guy formerly known as DAVID on these boards!He lost his old username in a late night poker game.Dont be a newbie snob,listen to his tune!:D

This song ROCKS David!

Kramer said:

Hey everybody,Freshears is the guy formerly known as DAVID on these boards!He lost his old username in a late night poker game.Dont be a newbie snob,listen to his tune!:D

hahahaha, you crack me up man! Yeah, it was a late night poker game...and i lost..again:D

Toki987-- I hear ya cat, I knew it was longer than it should be going in..but shit happens:D Thanks for listening Ken!

homeuser-- "70's type rock" :) , i was thinking 80's :( damn it's hell to be old:D ..thanks bra

B.SABBATH-- "The vocals sound a lot like Bad Company!" that's pretty damn good company :D , but I know better:D . Yeah that's my old drummer that played that tune...i never liked the kit he played to this. Just couldn't seem to draw that kick in on the louder parts. Thanks Sam!

downloading now...
Man, the bbs won't be the same without kermit, are you just away from "the studio"?

edit: heh, didn't read the thread

Killer guitar tones, that lead tone just sends me, bit fat grind, Great rock tune. Cool intro and outro.

Nice guitar playing, but I thought the lead bordered on having too much presence in the mix.

Bad Company vibe for sure.

Doug

Nice Job...sweet vocal sound

Hey thins sounds really good. How'd you record the vocals. I like how they sit in the mix. Has an old 80's feel to it. very good stuff.

Excellant song dude, nice recording...
Killer vocals, and totally awesome guitar work.... and guitar tone...

It was a bit long though, but thats no big thang...

:)

Smokin!! Great vocals and nice guitar tones and of course the playing is awesome. Great riff during the verse-love the distortion sound, the solo's kicked ass. My only suggestion would be a bit of reverb here and there-the soloing guitar has a kind of room sound thats shrinking the rest of the mix---damn put that track in a time capsule dude thats some real firey playing, you dont hear playing like that too much these days. I was kind of dreading a real long song but this didn't seem long at all-kept my interest the whole way. Nice job!

Kramer said:

This song ROCKS David!

You don't have to yell, you're gonna' rupture my damn eardrum!

Joe

Back