'Rocket Science' - a song I've done for a friends band.

stevieg11

I've not been too active on the forum since I signed up but I'm trying to get more involved so here's a song from a band 'Cold Lazarus' called 'Rocket Science'. I've spent so long doing the album that I'm definitely not going back to change anything. However, any criticism is welcome for future reference.

View attachment Rocket Science.mp3

Enjoy!

I liked the tune and the guitar riffs overall. Just gotta be picky about something.. the drums in the verses and guitar solo. NO!! That pattern is horrible for that section(my opinion). Needs something loose and groovier.
Anyway, its a cool old school tune which I dig.

cheers

I really dig the band and the song. has an almost "too" sharp sound but never seems to push to hard to the point of being bad. very clear, sounds like what Rage Against the Machine would sound like if they were a little more laid back.

That's a good comparison. I've been trying to think of any bands they could compare to and haven't really been able to think of any (the other songs on the album are all different to each other, kind of hard to pin-point).

Guitars are cool. Vocals sound real good. Drums too.

My only complaint is in the real low end of the bass. Way too rumbly for my tastes.

Real good band.

Thanks! I was a bit unsure about the bass, but I made a few mixes and this was my favourite so I stuck with it.

Back