Rocker... Ready to Master II

Axe4Yahweh

Hopefully I have fixed all the Issues on this tune now and still going for a "Live" sound.

Used a different Delay settings on the Vox Tracks.

Boosted the Guitar Solo about 4 db.

ReEQed the Drum Tracks to knock some of the high end off the Cymbals.

Created a smoother Verb on the Output.

It's running at -3.3 db max on the output so ya might have to crank it some.

Is this lil Blues Rocker ready to Master now?

His Hand @

http://www.nowhereradio.com/artists/album.php?aid=1352&alid=56&20030416213909#11501

Thanks;

CR ><>

Sounds pretty good here.

Some nit-picks...

I think the snare could use less reverb...like maybe half. It's not carrying the punch I think it needs.

I would consider taking the guitar back about 1.5-2dB's, letting the bass take a little more of the stage.

If you really want to get picky, try small cuts in the rhythm guitars around 800Hz and around 8K. The 800 should help with some of the undesirable mid frequencies that tend to give the guitar too much "separation" in my ears. And the 8k should tame some of the "fizz" of the distortion, leaving the guitars with a little more definition.

Just some things to try...hopefully helpful more than harmful.

Sounds really good!

Tom

yeah, sounds good and live to me - nice job...

My .02 though would be to lose the verb on the kick and tighten it up. It sounds too round and fuzzy for the song, imo.

it definitely sounds better, but SLuiCe brings up good points.. I have to agree..

there's a bad plosive around 2:20 that hit pretty hard.. I would mix it one more time..

:cool:

Tom;

Thanks for the listens on this tune, Man! I'm trying everything you listed on the mix and I really appreciate your help.

SubA ;

Thanks for the listen and comments. Unless I can isolate the Kick feq and modify it, there's not a whole lot I can do with it. The Drums are a Sub-mix. I'll give it a try.

Sam;

Thanks Bro! You ears are always welcome.

CR ><>

jake-owa;

Thanks for the EQ Tip on the lead. I'll give a try with the n-Track Para EQ.

Appreciate the listen!

CR><>

I A/B -eed this man....the bass is a bit too heavy on the low-lows...... and the lead and rhythmn guit could come up in the mix some...I think you over compensated on all......but it is better man......the vox is a lot better...the end is pretty harsh and abrupt.....I wanted more :D.....and some more seperation in the stereo field to...........I dunno....

Cool blues man.......good song :D
Joe

Nice rockin guitar. I'm not much of a mix expert. It just sounds good to me. Lead guitar sounds real good. I'd be interested to know the signal chain.

I like it.

:cool:

Joe;

Thanks for the relisten and those tips Bro. Every lil bit helps! Glad ya wqnted more. Maybe one day I'll record this tune live. I runs between 4 and 6 minutes. :D

Kjam;

Thanks Bro! Glad ya enjoyed it. The Signal Chain on the Lead Guitar was Gibson BluesHawk Guitar Position 3 on the Varitone Control, Bridge PUP, into Peavey Prowler 112 Tube Combo Amp. Lead Channel Gain 4.5 Volume 3/4 of 1 Gain Boost on. Miced with Behringer XM8500 Mic. It was Miced at low volume. As much volume as I could get away with in the apartment.

CR ><>

Back