rock wool vs fiber glass

28seven

the closest dealer of rock wool is an hour away...if i buy thick fiber glass would that do a comperable job or be a complete waste?

If money is not a problem then I would drive for 2 hours and go for the Rockwool.... Also how much will you be buying? If its a lot your better off if the deliver it.

I got some mineral wool 4" thick...that absorves 100% all the way down to 125Hz for my studio.... I got it delivered though...It wouldn't fit all in my track.

Luis.

I payed about....$1.00 a sqft...but I got that price because I bought 60 bags of 24sqf each. They didn't charge delivery but they did charge me 5% tax.

Luis.

well the stuff im gettin is 65 cents per sq ft but its a bit thiner then what u got cuz im puttin it in a wall and only in the iso booth ceilling at the moment... i guess price has some factor but can fiber glass do the same thing... somewhat

What about the Owens Corning "Quiet Zone" insulation?
It's not as dense as rock wool, but it is denser than regular fiber glass insulation of the same thickness. More readily available too.

well i jsut got home from the studio. i went the cheap way and bought some fiberglass crap 80sq ft it was 12 bux so i figured if it didnt work what do i have to lose ... 12 bux..... anyway i took it and crammed it in every place i could find and then doubled it. when all is said and done my iso booth became decently sound

any way i guess im gunna answer my own question fiberglass can work just as well as rockwool as long and ur willing to work extra hard and double or even tripple the layers of fiberglass

Chris

Back