rock story song "Intergalactic Cloud Forest Assassination Squad"

SnakeDog5050

2 headed snake witha rake
rock story song

Greetings everyone, been traveling around lately and missed my guitar and recording :o Anyway, here's some embarrassing pretty out there space story rock... the music kinda follows this story... any thoughts/criticisms/mix tips are appreciated. Tried some new stuff in mixing down too, so i'm curious how that went. Cheers :)

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/songInfo.cfm?bandID=392607&songID=5584617
lyrics, mp3, streaming on S-click

Last edited:
Vocal could be louder, and a de-esser would be good.

Snake gansta rules over giant crab, evil hot date with gun, assassins with swords. Many swords. And spaceships.

Vocal could be louder, and a de-esser would be good.

Snake gansta rules over giant crab, evil hot date with gun, assassins with swords. Many swords. And spaceships.

Hey Tim, hope your acoustic jamming is going well. Thanks from the entire ICFAS, giant crab, hot date, assassins, and spaceships... so far I just updated this strangeness with:

+1.5dB on the vox
de-esser... hopefully enough for a ssssnake
-0.5dB on the bass
Cheers ;)

Dig the guitar sounds ya got going on here...I like the narrative vocal style......riff is kinda reminiscent of Iron Butterflys In-A Gadda-Da-Vida...cool.Pretty cosmic jam...great to hear your jams again!

Pretty funky as always man....:D

I'm on headphones right now, so......;)

Very cool Inna Gadda Da Vida sort of vibe....just has a nice drone to that lick. I hear the vox fine on these phones, and it sounds like you got the Ssssssss fixed.

Fun tune man....:D

Eddie - thanks for the comments, appreciate the listen!

Ax - Good to be back and jamming again :D I was messing with effects combos and when I found that one I figured that needed a song... when I finished writing some music and went to do the lyrics over it a story came out and no singing... kinda different. thanks!

Dog - what up funk dog? I haven't heard Inna Gadda Da Vida in a loong time! When i listen back yeah, I guess maybe that was an influence. Cool you enjoyed it, we gotta jam again soon :D

Greg - thanks for checking it out, glad you got a laugh out of it :)

Sounds very cool. The bass is very U2 around Achtung Baby era.

Your mixing has been getting pretty cool lately.

The vocal spoken style is really cool. I recommend more naked vocals like this in your songs.

The guitars are sounding pretty cool.

Was is an alien, was it a robot, or an assassin. No, it was just the girl. :) That's hilarious.

The crab was dead. So I said to her, "Let's eat dinner" - Just hilarious.

Sounds very cool. The bass is very U2 around Achtung Baby era.

Thanks! Yeah I love the sound and production of Achtung baby, definitely an influence I'd say.

Your mixing has been getting pretty cool lately.

I'm attempting to take what I think I've done well and make almost recording setup templates out of it to build on when I write new songs... that gives me more jamming time and less mixing time :D

The vocal spoken style is really cool. I recommend more naked vocals like this in your songs.

The guitars are sounding pretty cool.

Thanks! It was fun just following the music with a story... perhaps because I haven't tried singing in a while :o Glad you enjoyed the tune... I'm always looking for new strange effects :D

Mix sounds good now Mr Snakedog....not getting any essing or vocal issues. I can understand the dialogue without reading the text so they are at a good level. Music is nicely tucked under the vocals so they are there if you want to listen but never overpowering.

This is a truly unique and original composition that you could consider getting copyrighted and distributed. This storytelling is great when combined with the rocking music. I think you might have something here...it could be the next big thing...seriously. :cool:

Back