rock song

donkeystyle

so i realise i've been posting a lot lately, but i just found this on my computer. i normally use pro-tools and real monitors(not a great set up, but much better than i have at home), but for some reason i brought this home..oh yeah to use drumagog on the drums........anyway. i did a mix of it. i haven't listened on anything but computer speakers tonight, but i think when i originally did it, i think I used my stereo.

this is from the same band that i posted yesterday. felix amo. the song is called outspoke. I deleted the other song if anyone cares. it sounded bad and was clipped and crap.

ok here's the song. enjoy and rip it apart if you wish, or be nice. whatever.

http://www.nowhereradio.com/felixamo/singles

i'd pan the (wierd backup sounds?) sounds to the right instead of left.

there will be more clarity to them that way.

that's about all that bothers me about it :P

Cool intro, I especially like the staccato guitar w/delay. Bass is nice too.

Drums are flat, no sparkle, need some eq. The vox need to be brought out front and have some punch added, sounds like they are panned left of center, probably should be centered in the mix.

Worthy of development.

Last edited:
Cool Song! Very creative! I like it! Might need some more punch somehow. Maybe bring up the guitars? Not sure but sounds good.

Vocal sounds distant and pitchy. Sounds like you could use some practice holding a note steady...well, so could I for that matter.

Cool song idea. Some of the mid-highs from the guitar lines get a bit loud at times. I would try to hand draw some envelopes over those parts.

Yeah, too much room on the vocals.

wow, sweet guitar man, especially, and i dont know was that keyboard...well its real cool.....its all awesome...i can see this being played on the radio (sorry to offenc you if you hate the idea of goin main stream) but w/e....its really good recording all in all is rough but the song its self it sweet, im gonna go listen to it again actually....

Rock

A good tune, nice U2/ Coldplay sounding guitar, a shame the vocal is out of pitch. I like the general idea of the song. Needs some remixing, though.

The voice drowns in instruments.
But again many good ideas here. I like the energy of the drummer.

But 5:27 minutes, hmm...

Back