Robben Ford - "Revelation" cover

famous beagle

Hey everyone, this is a cover of "Revelation" (from Robben's Talk to Your Daughter album) that I did for a book I just wrote for Hal Leonard called Play Like Robben Ford. I recorded the guitar at my home studio, and everything else was done at a studio in Milwaukee (including the mix). I wish the keys sounded a bit better, but unfortunately I didn't have any control over that.

Comments welcome. Thanks for the listen!

Attachments

• Revelation-Full_Song.mp3
    6 MB · Views: 19
sounds great,very nice playing :)

what`s your guitar signal chain ?

i don't hear that edit either ;)

Thanks much!

I played my reissue Hagstrom Swede (stock) and plugged into a Presonus MP20 as a direct box.

And then everything came from AmpliTube 3:

Fender 64 Vibroverb Custom model
Tube Screamer clone pedal
Digital Reverb
Tube Compressor
Parametric EQ
Digital Delay

Oh, and believe it or not, one of the biggest factor in getting close to his sound was using the blunt end of the pick instead of the pointed end (which is what he does often). For some reason, that really seemed to accent the harmonics of the tone and help emulate that Dumble flavor.

Thanks much!

I played my reissue Hagstrom Swede (stock) and plugged into a Presonus MP20 as a direct box.

And then everything came from AmpliTube 3:

Fender 64 Vibroverb Custom model
Tube Screamer clone pedal
Digital Reverb
Tube Compressor
Parametric EQ
Digital Delay

Oh, and believe it or not, one of the biggest factor in getting close to his sound was using the blunt end of the pick instead of the pointed end (which is what he does often). For some reason, that really seemed to accent the harmonics of the tone and help emulate that Dumble flavor.

now i am impressed ! that has to be one of the best amplitube tones i ever heard !

nice programming that man :)

Back