Road to Tabriz - brand new tune

GONZO-X

https://soundcloud.com/bats-brew/the-road-to-tabriz

another song off the new album, this one has a lot going on....
and gave me a chance to use a borrowed epi-gibby elec 12 string,
as well as my custom USACG strat....

epi_12_and_strat_2.jpg

some real fun bass lines, and a pretty expressive drum track makes it a bit progressive.
turns downright spacy at the end, which is my favorite place to go.
please Njoy.

got a bunch of views,
but not many comments,
and this is one of my better efforts...

oh well,
will pull this one down shortly, and gonna move on

got some really cool stuff brewing right now

It might be the fact that you post many tracks for comment but never comment on tracks others have posted. You are here to take but give nothing back. When I see that pattern, I stop listening.

It might be the fact that you post many tracks for comment but never comment on tracks others have posted. You are here to take but give nothing back. When I see that pattern, I stop listening.

it might be.
or it might not, i'm not sure.

i kind of figure that posting this stuff, IS giving; if nothing else, its sharing mix, arrangement and production values, maybe someone can learn from them.

i'm pretty busy writing and recording,
if i don't comment enough, i apologize. i will post comments on stuff that really catches my ear.

If you're here to share the gift of your music, mission accomplished. If you want people to give feedback, then you're asking for something. The Clinic is a bit different from most venues where you might post your music. It's a community of musicians helping each other. And let's be honest; that's why you post here and not somewhere else. But it works by reciprocity. You piggyback on that community without giving back. If everyone did as you do, there would be no community. You would have no reason to post here either. Just saying. Post what you want. People will comment as they please. But you seemed puzzled by the lack of response, so there's my take.

If you're here to share the gift of your music, mission accomplished. If you want people to give feedback, then you're asking for something. The Clinic is a bit different from most venues where you might post your music. It's a community of musicians helping each other. And let's be honest; that's why you post here and not somewhere else. But it works by reciprocity. You piggyback on that community without giving back. If everyone did as you do, there would be no community. You would have no reason to post here either. Just saying. Post what you want. People will comment as they please. But you seemed puzzled by the lack of response, so there's my take.

interesting take.
i've been here since 2000,
about 14 years longer than you have been here,
i'm already up to speed on the 'clinic'.
appreciate the comments all the same.
peace

I did enjoy it. The vocal harmonies are impressive. I liked the end part of the best too, where it gets weird. Thanks for posting.

it might be.
or it might not, i'm not sure.

i kind of figure that posting this stuff, IS giving; if nothing else, its sharing mix, arrangement and production values, maybe someone can learn from them.

i'm pretty busy writing and recording,
if i don't comment enough, i apologize. i will post comments on stuff that really catches my ear.

I don't buy the 'i'm pretty busy' argument.
Your musical output in terms of performances, melody, composition, arrangement, sonic quality etc. etc. is top notch.
You could help a lot of people here with some of your expertise, or just an opinion.

Maybe make the Road to Tabriz a two-way street, guarantee you'll get more traffic coming your way

Your musical output in terms of performances, melody, composition, arrangement, sonic quality etc. etc. is top notch.
You could help a lot of people here with some of your expertise, or just an opinion.

Maybe make the Road to Tabriz a two-way street, guarantee you'll get more traffic coming your way
This I agree with. You could get lots more comments by also commenting others' works, although it does not always work as planned.

Man, surely you don't actually believe this? People may well enjoy your stuff, but it's a big leap to say that you (or anyone else) only ever posting on here to ask for clicks, comments, mix feedback and to market your music is ‘giving’.

If you don’t feel inclined to take the time to listen/comment on other mixes, then that’s your choice, but I reckon it does have an impact on how much people choose to listen/comment on yours – especially once people realise it’s all a one way street. Just saying…

I did enjoy it. The vocal harmonies are impressive. I liked the end part of the best too, where it gets weird. Thanks for posting.

thanks for listening and commenting, jessica x
\i do appreciate it.

the ending... weird.... heheh, yes, it gets a little spacy.
i thought about doing the whole song that way, once i got to it.....
it just seemed like a good place to end the story, kind of 'out there', after the experience, what does it mean?
almost like a lingering feeling, that is somewhat resolved.

you know that tabriz is the 'biblical' location of the garden of eden?

that's ok, i'm not hear to try to convince anyone of anything.
but yes, my musical output of late, has been pretty high... the 'busy' in my busy....
and typically, i don't listen to other stuff while i'm in the middle of writing my own stuff,
i actually get so influenced by other stuff, i kind of turn off for a while.

when i get thru my current backlog (4 collaborations going on right now) plus 2 new songs of my own, i'll start listening and commenting again.

Man, surely you don't actually believe this?

absolutely i believe this.
i would not have written it, if it wasn't what i thought.

i know that folks NEED help,
and when i post my stuff, i fully intend for people to ask me how i do stuff, and i'm more than willing to share.

i figure that if just one person hears something going on in my mixes, or production, or even playing, that they want to know about,
it's a click away.

Back