RNP/RNC question

puffin

Hi

I am considering purchasing the RNP and RNC an dhave a couple of questions. I was hoping someone could help out.

1. Does the RNP have phantom power? I have an AKG c1000 that will need it.
2. I want to use the units to record myself singing and playing a mic'd acoustic guitar at the same time. Will I be able to record onto two tracks in Cubase, although only one will be compressed? or can I compress both tracks? Am I right in thinking I will not be able to have different compression settings for the two signals?
3. Is the RNC a dual mono compressor or a stereo compressor?

I 'm just a bit confused. I don't want to fork out for these, only to discover they don't suit my needs.....

I have the RNC but not the RNP. I believe the RNP has phantom power (you can check the FMR Audio website to be sure). I also believe it's a 2-channel preamp. The RNC has two channels but both share the same compression settings. You don't need to use both channels though if you only want to compress one signal.

P,
I have several RNP/RNC pairs and I can confirm that the RNP has phantom and the RNP is grouped stereo so you would probably want to use it on only one channel at a time . I'd suggest using it on you voice since guitar is typically more controlled.

Tom

RNP user only here. Haven't tried the RNC. Just want to let you know that I've been working with it for a year now, and like it more and more as I get better at mic placement, etc. Other than the RNP, I've only tracked with a Mackie VLZ Pro. The RNP, to my ears, is a major step up. Much more clear and focused. You wont be disappointed, if you're on a budget.

Back