Rnb/Pop song im currently working on

Musicandvibes

Hey guys,

im currently working on this rnb/pop thing. I dont really want to send it to people i know and id rather get some feedback here from you anonymous folks and friends. Let me know what you think of the mix.

Attachments

• newsoong!final2trk.mp3
    9.3 MB
The main problem I hear is the lead vocal is horribly out of step with the music in the verse . There are what I feel are tonal problems with the vocal but that may just be your intended style.

thanks for the feedback. are you talking about the melody itself, how its not inline with the background music, or how its tracked in terms of the overdubbing? vocals are tough to mix correctly!

It's the main singing vocal. It could be the tracking, the singer is coming in slightly behind or in front of the beats in the music. It's not consistent to the point where the vocal track could be shifted forward or backward to align it with the rest of the song - the lead vocal drifts continuously in spots, not everywhere. It's really evident through the beginning verses.

This isn't a mixing problem, it's a tracking problem. That's how I feel about it, anyway. I'd want the lead vocalist to practice and sing in time with the rest of the song. Then re-track it.

But!.. :-) If you're intentionally going for an unusual performance, then leave it eat and continue polishing your mix.

Vocal...recut them. Mix them more with the song. After that post the song again - I couldn't focus on the music.

Agree with the comments above. The vocal is rushing most of the time. In the chorus bit it gets a bit tighter.

Ok I got something to work with here, thanks for the sound advice guys. From the sounds of things I’ll need to pinpoint on the vocal, tracking wise and/or rework the delivery in spots. Thanks.

The vocals are running ahead of the beat. Also I'm not finding the vocal melody convincing over the chord progression. I don't get the sense that the vocalist is singing along with the band

Back