Riot

I checked this out the other day.Pretty cool tune man.....it definetly has a "Steve Miller Band" vibe/riff to it.:D It's not a total rip off though.LOL.I like the chord progressions and the melody of the tune.Im still listening to "losing doesnt matter".I downloaded the mp3 off your site a few days ago.(yes you can get the mp3 even though d-loading is not enabled.:eek: )

Cool tune!

Sounds good here. I can see the Steve Miller reference, but that's a good thing imo.

The strongest thing I heard was bass, but it wasn't necessarily overdue. I could use a tad more vox.

I couldn't hear the kick all that well while I think the snare could come down somewhat. Some of the fills gave me a little bit of clanky feel.

The imaging of the overhead mics was not very good. The hi hat and snare sounded like it came from the left speaker, and the room acoustics sounded like it came from the right speaker. The cymbals and snare both sounded "thin", and these two things combined usually suggest a phase problem. I almost get dizzy listening to drum tracks that have this problem.

Well, everybody says it sound a little like Steve Miller, and is mentioning the bass playing too. It just so happens I know Lonnie Turner! :) This bass playing is a bit better than what Lonnie did for the Steve Miller Band. BUT, the tone isn't all that hot. I think it is more of how the strings were attacked more than anything else. I can always distinctly hear when the player has attacked the string too hard, and that is what sounds like happens a lot on this track. In addition, it sounds like there is nothing in the bass sound below 200Hz!

The acoustic guitar was a bit thin sounding for my taste, but the playing was very good.

I would have compressed the keys, or more so than you did.

I liked the approach to the vocal production. The tone wasn't all that bad at all, and the use of effects was appropriate for this song. Very good job there! :D

There is a couple things about the arrangement that bugged me. The bass player is too over the top in what he plays. Following the guitar too much.

Some of the drums fills run counter to the "vibe" of the song, and frankly drag the tempo in a not so complimentary way.

Overall, this is a good demo!

Ed

Back