Right clicking clips & fade in/outs

Janic

Hi

I'm new to the forum. Looks very cool!

When I want to perform a fade in or out on and audio clip I position the cursor over the beginning or end of the clip until it becomes a triangle. Then, if I right click I should be able to select which type of curve I desire from the three listed there. However, it doesn't seem to work! The only way I can do it is to go the long way round and select the default curve option from those listed when clicking on the arrow next to the relevant icon above the tracks pane.

Can anyone offer any advice please? I'm using Sonar 2 XL, which I think is probably the greatest software ever!

Many thanks in advance ;-)

Jan
Finland

Describe what happens when you right click. Do you not get the pop-up window? Or is the correct curve not applied?

You might try adding the fadeout first, and then right click on the triangle to change the shape.

Yes!

Many thanks dachay2tnr!

The problem was that if I had e.g. fast curve selected as the default curve I couldn't select e.g. slow curve from the three listed in the pop-up window and THEN draw the line.

I've just tried changing some ready-drawn curves, as you recommended. You're quite right, they can be altered after a curve has already been applied.

I think the curve that is drawn by default is set using the FADE/CROSSFADE options button. Whatever is selected in there will be what appears on the track by default.

Ciao,

Q.

Back