Right channel on a Behringer UB802 input... Silent?

neon glow

Probably a stupid thing. Does anyone know how come when I use rca->1/4 to connect my stuff to Behringer's either Inputs 3/4 or 5/6 -- the right speaker is silent (left is working). However, when I connect the same exact stuff to Behringer's tape input - everything works perfectly? Is there a reasonable explanation? All faders are set in the middle (including the balance fader). I'm pretty sure it's something stupid - it's doubtful that the mixer broke for no reason.

Is it just one channel playing or are they both coming out of the left speaker? I had that problem and it was because I was using a mono adapter and not stereo.

Danny,
I'm plugged in using 2 mono 1/4 -> RCA adapters (I thought it makes sense, since there's separate left/right on mixer, so each should be mono). My source is fed into the mixer using RCA wires.

I just turned on Because by Beatles - and couldn't hear the beginning (recorded for right speaker only). Only when the left part started playing I heard the sound. Therefore it's not mixing it into one - UB802 completely disregards the right channel, even though it's inserted. It does it on every 1/4 input - and I tried more than one source of sound...

Ocnor,

Strange - worked perfectly recently. Are you sure it couldn't be a problem with balanced/unbalanced connections, or smth?

Quite often with Behringer equipment silence is an improvement. :D

Not so with yuor mixer though. What happens if you switch speaker outputs? Does the other speaker shut down? Have you verified that the right speaker is still working fine otherwise? Just a thought, good luck.

up-fiddler,

Yes, I have. As my original post states - when I connect same exact source of sound to tape-input on behringer, the speakers play perfectly. Only 1/4 inch inputs are problematic.

seems like the problem was a physical damage - if you wiggle the wires in a horribly strong nasty way - it actually starts working. Kinda. With cracks and such. I thought I was very careful moving into new apt, but I guess smth happened after all. To a very unlikely-to-get -damaged device.

Back