right "audio image"

punkrcker32

how do you get the right audio image with your mix. what i need to know is how i can get the mix to become a so called image. with the bass drum, snare drum and singer in the middle, and the guitars and bass on my left and right side. ive tried panning and when i mix down it all squishes in the middle and i get a mono audio image where everything is in the middle. what can i do program wise or micing wise with do get this image.

im using a firebox into my computer with cubase se3 which im using mono tracks for recording. im also using m-audio bx5 studio montiors. and bennychico what do you mean bounce.

It's not a mic'ing problem. Sounds like you need to suss out Cubase. I use Sonar and I also record my audio to individual mono tracks and I'm able to pan my mono tracks to wherever I need them in the stereo image. Cubase is very similar and I'd be very surprised if you can't do the same thing.

Any chance of letting us see a screen shot of your setup?

cheers

andy

punkrcker32 said:
im using a firebox into my computer with cubase se3 which im using mono tracks for recording. im also using m-audio bx5 studio montiors. and bennychico what do you mean bounce.

Pro Tools calls it bouncing. I'm not sure what your program will call it...maybe Export tracks or mix down or something. But whatever you are using to make all your tracks into one file so you can burn onto CD...that's where you need to select Stereo.

punkrcker32 said:
how do you get the right audio image with your mix. what i need to know is how i can get the mix to become a so called image. with the bass drum, snare drum and singer in the middle, and the guitars and bass on my left and right side. ive tried panning and when i mix down it all squishes in the middle and i get a mono audio image where everything is in the middle. what can i do program wise or micing wise with do get this image.

You answered your own question......you are exporting to mono track....export the damn thing to stereo...

chadsxe said:
You answered your own question......you are exporting to mono track....export the damn thing to stereo...

I don't this he said that he's exporting to a mono track but the he is getting a mono track. That's the way I understand it anyways... That's not to say that he isn't exporting to mono, just that he's not said that.

punkrcker32 said:
i am exporting to a stero track thats the thing im exporting to stero interleaved

Ehhhh.....well you are doing something wrong....what that is I don't know....if your monitering in stereo....and everything has stereo placment....then you are missing a check box or two when you exporting...don't know what to tell you...

chadsxe said:
Ehhhh.....well you are doing something wrong....what that is I don't know....if your monitering in stereo....and everything has stereo placment....then you are missing a check box or two when you exporting...don't know what to tell you...

That's why I've asked for a screen shot. I'd like to have a look at what's going on in the software including the dialog boxes during the export procedure.

Synkrotron said:
That's why I've asked for a screen shot. I'd like to have a look at what's going on in the software including the dialog boxes during the export procedure.

Good idea....lets just hope he can figure that out... ;)

punkrcker32 said:
i am exporting to a stero track thats the thing im exporting to stero interleaved

We know you said this already....eaither way you are still doing something wrong.....and it is kind of hard to figure out what that is with out more info....

got you mail and I've listened to your song... it's a stereo WMA but each side is identical giving you a mono track.

we'll need more info to help

Back