Ride like arrival

That sounded really good. The only thing is, the autotune is really prominent and annoying. I think you'd be better off singing it and leaving it at that. But if that's the sound you want, then you got it.

Oh man, I spent days re-doing vocals that already sounded too autotuned. It's weird b/c if I listen to any of these vocals by themselves (not double-tracked and solo'd), I can't hear the auto-tuning at all, but then things start to sound robotic once I double up the vocals. I'm not sure if this is just the phase cancellation going on, or if some how the phase cancellation is bringing out the auto-tune.

Unfortunately, I've been working on this song for months now so I can't do any major replacements because I'll be 120 years old before I have a satisfactory number of my songs in listenable form. I guess I just have to train my vocals more or train myself to hear the auto-tuning everyone else hears. I really felt like I had done the minimum corrections this time around but I think I need to hear it better.

Thanks,
Kerrio

Oh man, I spent days re-doing vocals that already sounded too autotuned. It's weird b/c if I listen to any of these vocals by themselves (not double-tracked and solo'd), I can't hear the auto-tuning at all, but then things start to sound robotic once I double up the vocals. I'm not sure if this is just the phase cancellation going on, or if some how the phase cancellation is bringing out the auto-tune.

Unfortunately, I've been working on this song for months now so I can't do any major replacements because I'll be 120 years old before I have a satisfactory number of my songs in listenable form. I guess I just have to train my vocals more or train myself to hear the auto-tuning everyone else hears. I really felt like I had done the minimum corrections this time around but I think I need to hear it better.

Thanks,
Kerrio

Ooooo. I know how that feels. Yeah, after putting so much work into it, just give it a break. Maybe in a month or so you can go back to it and work on it again. It's not a bad effect, but I don't think it fits the music. You have a lot of potential.

Thanks! It did turn out about better than my 1st song production-wise so I will move on with lessons learned.

Best,
Kerrio

Back