Rewiring Sonar 4P and FL.

neon glow

I rewired Sonar 4P with FruityLoops, because the latter one has wonderful interface for creating custom rhythms. Then I inserted Battery 2 drum machine into FruityLoops, loaded a drum kit into Battery, and attempted to have different tracks in FL for every drum. I ended up having some problems:

1) Do I have to insert a whole new Battery 2 with only one drum sample loaded, for every track?? In Battery, the drum kit that I loaded was automatically mapped on the keyboard. Can I make every track in FL to be only responsible for 1 key, that is, for 1 drum? And then, if yes... You know that whole tracks panel in FL, which has squares which you click to build the rhythm? How do I reassing the default key to the squares? It plays the C by default, but my drums are lower on keyboard. Maybe I'm doing this whole thing wrong completely?

2) In Sonar I have midi input that goes to FL, and Audio output that produces what FL plays. For some reason, when I play using mouse in FL, I can hear drums, but when I play keyboard, I don't hear them. However, FL does receive the midi signal, because the midi indicator is blinking on it. What's wrong?

Hi Max...

Sorry I can't help that much, but I don't use FL... :o
I tried to ask my friend who has FL, but then again he doesn't use Battery... Oh well... :o

;)
Jaymz

Back