Review this Pop-Rock ballad

u2bonoman

Here is a tune for ya - words written by Daley, music written by me. I recorded/mixed and produced this. It is a little low in volume and is unmastered, but still a really nice tune me thinks...

This was done in my home setup: Sonar 3 PE, Maudio Delta 1010, Yamaha acoustic, Epiphone Les Paul Custom, DBX 286A Mic Pre, an Electro-Voice PL95 Dynamic Mic, Boss GT-6 FX processor.

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/4/daleymusic.htm

Song is called "Wondering".

Last edited:
Your song hasn't been cleared yet by soundclick. I think it takes 24 hrs before they will let anyone listen to it..

what can I say?

it is not a smash hit, but it is very passionate. I can see you getting very good as you write more material.

listened to the song

Nice powerfull song! it needs something personal to make it a hit I think. it's all balanced, but is misses something outstanding. Like some interesting things in the vocalpart, something less expected. Great recording/mix for a homestudio! Glad to here you're not reuning it by making an attempt to master it, I'll just turn up the volume =) I think your kick it's a bit to 'ticky' or just to loud in the mix. Maybe with a bit less compression on the snare you would get more of the snare caracter back. depending on the snare ofcourse. Liked the guitars!

Good luck

Back