Reverb

Sentridoh

Can you guys tell me a good reverb unit to get without having to shell out major $$$ for one? I work with Acoutic Guitars/Vocals and use a TASCAM 424 mkIII. Thanks.

I wouldn't say it is a "good" unit, but for less than $100 you can get an Alesis nanocompressor. Theyre cheapest...

octoruss said:
I wouldn't say it is a "good" unit, but for less than $100 you can get an Alesis nanocompressor. Theyre cheapest...

WRONGO!!! Do not waste your money on that cheapo effect box,
1st, it's only 18 bits with one of the lowest sampling rates on a dsp!! 2nd, you are working with presets that do not allow for tweaking and adjusting! 3rd, don't take my word for it listen yourself as the NoNo's 'verbs contain the artficial,fake-spring like mettalic sound found in earlier $25.00 spring-verb boxes.

Not knowing your budget,take a look/hear at the line of Lexicons
and if your finances can't afford that,at least try a Behringer DSP1000 or a Zoom RFX. Both are very low end but provide a lil more variables than the NoNo!

verbs/bucks

People have different ideas of what major bucks are. My idea of major bucks is a Lexicon M300 ?3000- $4500!!! You need to give people budget perameters. I personally recommend TC electronics m300- $250. Balanced analog I/O's, good A-D converter, intuitive, user friendly. I find it easier to use than the Lexicon MPX-100 or 200- Richie

I agree with Mr. Q. I, too, think the Nanocompressor sucks and is limited in its usage. But they are by far the cheapest reverb unit available (used on eBay) and for many of us, it was the first reverb unit we owned. It's a good starting point if money is your only consideration.

That should be Nanoverb, of course. The Decay on it can be adjusted by ear to match tempo, which is good. Having tin ears rather than golden ones I can't comment on the sound.

I'll back up the earlier recommendation of a Lexicon LXP1. I bought one used a while back - £110 - and even I can hear the enormous difference in quality. (though the Decay isn't as flexible - giving a choice of 16 presets - this hasn't been a problem so far).

Back