reverb

ceprecord

What is a good sounding reverb plugin, I have sound forge and cep. I'm not impressed. I have a echo darla card and wonder if the card has anything to do with the plugin sound.
My alesis nano verb sounds better but it is analog.

The absolute best sounding reverb plug in I have used (and use for just about all of my reverb needs) is the Sonic Foundry Acoustic Mirror, using the Samplitools Impulse files. The acoustic mirror is fairly cheap these days, and will even be included in Sound Forge 5.0 when it is released.

The Samplitools impulses are taken from the presets for the Lexicon 480L and TC M5000 (I think that's the number), which run about $10000 and $4000 respectively. Yes, I am sure it is not even close to the real thing, but as far as plug ins go, I have never found anything that sounds warmer or more realistic.

Other options are the Waves plug ins (which are great for lots of things, though I don't like their reverbs as much as I used to), and some people like the Timeworks stuff too.

For rack stuff, I have heard lots of good things about the Lexicon verbs (even on the lower end).

Sorry... just for reference, Acoustic Mirror I think runs about $60 these days, and the Samplitools impulses are about $75. You're looking at about $135 for a really nice set of completely useful reverbs.

Not many people know about the Samplitools impulses, but ask anyone who has used them and they will probably concur that they are the among the best for Dx that is out there.

Back