Reverb

Ty

I'm looking for a good reverb for vocals
is the Yamaha Pro R3 any good or are
there better for this price.

What is the price of that unit? I know the Behringer Virtualizer is a great box for about $200 or less. Or alesis nanoverb/midiverb/microverb are also good.

Cave Dweller said:
What is the price of that unit? I know the Behringer Virtualizer is a great box for about $200 or less. Or alesis nanoverb/midiverb/microverb are also good.
Yikes.... not!!!!!

If you can afford it, the MPX-1, but otherwise I wouldn't go with anything less than a Lexicon MPX-500. Period. Can't afford even that price point?? Save up your money!

Cheap reverb sounds, well, CHEAP!
You go budget, you'll just be wasting money 'cos you'll be upgrading within a short time afterwards.

But hey, that's just my opinion....

Bruce
Blue Bear Sound

The price for the Yamaha Pror3 is about $1.030,00
so I was expecting to get a better sound than the
Behringer Virtualizer or the alesis nanoverb.
Has anyone used this box and if so what do you
think of it.

Thanks for any help
Ty.

does it hit anyone else as a tad wierd...when you say you have 1000 bucks+ for a reverb and are asking what is a good one?....kinda like saying (to me, now) that "I have $65000...what is a analog mixer to buy...new or used?" ....Am I making a point? argh...ahh a...ehh

pssst...won't the qualified pro audio salesman steer ya right??....or do you just take someones word off the internet and plunk down the change? .....and with reverbs...how many choices are there after you get into that kind of money..???..lesse....eventide, TC elec, Lexi...ah...some of the top ends MAYBE by yamaha and roland....any more???

How come no one wants to plunk down the $$$ for a real plate and rent a U-haul for the sucker??

Originally posted by mixmkr
How come no one wants to plunk down the $$$ for a real plate and rent a U-haul for the sucker??

Cuz it won't fit in my studio.

Bvaleria: What about getting the Lexi software to use with ProTools? Is it equivalent? I've heard some good things about it and I trust ProTools to only associate itself with QUALITY stuff, but (seeing as how you are labeled "recording genius") I'd like to get your thoughts on a virtual Lexi...

Pete

Wish I could help ya with some hands-on experience, but I don't use computers (and s/w) for recording. BUT - if it's got the Lexicon name on it, I would imagine it's ok... however, you really do need to ask someone more experienced with plug-ins than I am!

Sorry...
Bruce

I'll reply regarding the software plugins. I do not run Pro tools, as I am PC based and use Wavelab,(and Sound Forge to a diminishing amount) Samp 2496, Cooledit Pro, and some other lesser programs. I have the Waves Ren reverb, the TC Native, Timeworks, and the cooledit reverbs, etc. Unfortunately, I do not have a lexi reverb for review. But, the software based reverbs are amazingly gooooood. I prefer hardware based units at this point in time, but not for their sound quality...just ease of use, speed, and so forth. I think software based effects are very close in quality, and substantially less costly to their hardware counterparts. As far as the Lex MXP100...it was a disappointment to me. I have never used a MXP1 in my *home environment*, however. I guess I was just expecting too much for a $200 unit. I am starting to limit my hardware expenditures, however, due to the software onslaught. Hope this opinion helps....

Just a point... the MPX-100 is "down-there" compared to the MPX-1, but given a choice between a Behringer and a even a low-end Lexicon, I think the decision is an easy one!

Bruce

Back