reverb?

bunglebungle

Hi Guys

I am just starting out haveing built up my project studio over the last year or so. Set up is Allen and Heath System8 desk (great eq!), Alesis 8/16 ADAT, Cubase and Logic digital set up, various vocal and instrument mics.

What i'm lacking on is fx. I've been trying to keep everything I do as raw as possible and what little compression/reverberation/ has been off a budget zoom fx rack.

I want to invest in a decent reverb and compressor/gate/limiter. Can you offer any advice on what units are best value, my busget is not huge! the sort of sounds I record is mainly raw sounding lo fi guitar based music.

thanks and its a great community you have here, I've learnt alot reading through.

I use a Lexicon MPX500 ($250.00 om ebay) for effects and I have a few Behringer como/limt/gate and they work great.

there is a free reverb plug in called SIR that some people really like
that uses impulses. check out noisevault.com sometime.
also i like experimenting a lot with natural room spaces and halls and stuff,
and doing crazy things like sending feeds to miced speakers in bathrooms and such eg; soundclick.com/bmanning try "woohoo" song.
ie; i try and do things the old school way like the 50's/60's.
sometimes i get what i want other times fail but its all good fun.
just some ideas to help.
peace.

manning1 said:
there is a free reverb plug in called SIR that some people really like
that uses impulses. check out noisevault.com sometime.
also i like experimenting a lot with natural room spaces and halls and stuff,
and doing crazy things like sending feeds to miced speakers in bathrooms and such eg; soundclick.com/bmanning try "woohoo" song.
ie; i try and do things the old school way like the 50's/60's.
sometimes i get what i want other times fail but its all good fun.
just some ideas to help.
peace.

heh I went through a phase of recording guitar and vocals in the ensuite toilet. Sounded interesting as the room is very small and fully tiled. :)

deepwater said:
I use a Lexicon MPX500 ($250.00 om ebay) for effects and I have a few Behringer como/limt/gate and they work great.

Ive been reading reviews on the behringer units and have not come to a desicon. It would be nice to get some professional opinion on these units as they seem very good value for money. I've used behringer desks before and was seriously unimpressed.

Yo Bungle Bungle Bungle "You don't want to leave the Jungle Oh, no no no no...," [Old tune]

Yamaha makes the best FX -- [my opinion] So, you might want to check out a Yam unit.

I have an Alesis FX and the Lexicon; however, I use the reverb on my Yam SIAB amost always -- mellow as the best muskmellon you can find.

Green Hornet :D :D :cool:

The Green Hornet said:
Yo Bungle Bungle Bungle "You don't want to leave the Jungle Oh, no no no no...," [Old tune]

TULL!

I have a Behringer Composer Pro - compressor/limiter which does the job for me. No noisy pre's like the desks.... ;)

Q.

I second the M300. I bought one for my setup on sale for about $200, basically for the reverbs alone. One thing I really like is you can hook it up through SPDIF, so for me the recordings never leave the digital domain. I just rout them out of SX, into the M300 and back to SX without having to deal with A/D converters.

Back