Reverb plug-ins

Outlaws

Who makes good reverb plug-ins?

I have always been a fan on Rolands hall on their V-COSM boards inside the 1680. I am looking for that "sweet child o mine/November rain" kind of larger than life reverb on the guitar solos where the highs and lows can be controlled so the reverb isn't so pronounced.

Mackie has a decent one that comes with Tracktion 3, but it won't work when I drop the file into Reaper plug-in folder.

Who makes good reverb plug-ins?

I have always been a fan on Rolands hall on their V-COSM boards inside the 1680. I am looking for that "sweet child o mine/November rain" kind of larger than life reverb on the guitar solos where the highs and lows can be controlled so the reverb isn't so pronounced.

Mackie has a decent one that comes with Tracktion 3, but it won't work when I drop the file into Reaper plug-in folder.

I'd recommend looking for a plug-in that supports the use of Impulse Response Libraries (IRL). You can find free IRLs for Lexicon 960, PCM series, & TC Electronic (various units) or just about any reverb you can think of for that matter.

I'd recommend looking for a plug-in that supports the use of Impulse Response Libraries (IRL). You can find free IRLs for Lexicon 960, PCM series, & TC Electronic (various units) or just about any reverb you can think of for that matter.

So is this where reverb has gone? Have the major professional studios jumped on this wagon long ago? Just wondering.

Altiverb looks great if for nothing other than the places they have captured. I am aware Reaper contains a impulse plugin, but are these impuses on noisevault and the like really that good? I guess I am skeptical still of the whole thing.

Back