results of this site's help

I checked out the first 3 songs on your page. I think I liked Midnight Oil the best. I'm not going to attempt to comment on the recording because I'm using lo-fi and very small speakers, but the mix sounded good from what I could tell. Lotta lyrics, I can appreciate this because I struggle to write lyrics. I will check out the rest when I have more time. Sorry I couldn't be more help with the mix.........peace.....Ray J

cranberry, AHA!!! Man, I actually listen to a good deal of hip/hop n rap myself, actually I listen to a lot of everything to be honest and I gotta tell you, Midnite Oil is great to my ears musically, lyrically, and mix-wise.

I don't know if you've ever listened to the B-side of one of Guy's albums... um (Teddy Riley and Crew)... okay I can't remember the name of the album, but it was after "The Future" CD/Album. Anyway, the B-Side of the tape had a funky hip/hop song called "Gotta Be a Leader". Your song reminded me of it, and the way the beat flows and the rap flows on top, it's just a damn good sound to me. If you haven't heard that tune, have a listen. It's kind of old now, but actually that whole tape/CD's got a great mix of hip/hop diversity.

You've got a great sound and I like it a lot. Keep up the good work.

downloaded "32601", "Midnite Oil", and "Mr. Sickflo"....very impressed with the vocal sound....I love hearing the harmony parts on all three, and the double lead vocal on "Oil" was way effective and nice to the ear....perfect beat groove....everything sounded pretty centered, but had a spatial feel to it.....if there was maybe one more instrument, maybe a guitar, it could be panned left and right and create even more space...but I liked them the way they were anyway.....usually the lack of bass notes bugs me, but the kick more than made up for that, and I didn't miss a bass at all.....good lyrics, good sound, good work....gibs

thanks.

thanks to all of you for the feedback.i am sure each of you know how easy it is to think that you have just created an awesome track, and then reality hits you as other listeners give you the "stare of solemness". anyway, this still remains one of the greatest sites on the net.

rock on

-mike

Back