resource friendly compressors....

likefire

i wanna try something different than the cubase-provided compressors but i wanna find something that is rather light on the cpu.

Any thoughts?

How about using an external limiter/compressor? They aren't too expensive with some good ones at $100 - $150 and they use zero CPU.

i tend to use the compressor/de-esser from the TC bundle.. Quality sound, good cpu.. waves is great too, but i think uses more cpu.

Your best bet for great sounding compressors that are CPU friendly would be a DSP card such as PowerCore or UAD-1. I got the UAD-1 and absolutely love the compressors that come with it. Even the ones on the Channel strip. In fact I usually use the UAD channel strips than the built-in EQs for that matter too.

69ShadesofRed said:
Your best bet for great sounding compressors that are CPU friendly would be a DSP card such as PowerCore or UAD-1. I got the UAD-1 and absolutely love the compressors that come with it. Even the ones on the Channel strip. In fact I usually use the UAD channel strips than the built-in EQs for that matter too.

This looks pretty awesome!!! I think i may look into this.

Back