Replacement fuse spec?

THX1136

Bonehead
My son has been using my Dual Showman and it quit on him recently. The fuse blew and I figured it was in the voltage regulation end of things since it happened to me back in '75. Got the diodes replaced but I cannot find a 2.5 amp slo-blo 125V fuse locally. I thought I had some here at home, but I cannot find them. Can I use a 2.5 amp slo-blo rated at 250V? Thanks for any input anyone can offer.

My son has been using my Dual Showman and it quit on him recently. The fuse blew and I figured it was in the voltage regulation end of things since it happened to me back in '75. Got the diodes replaced but I cannot find a 2.5 amp slo-blo 125V fuse locally. I thought I had some here at home, but I cannot find them. Can I use a 2.5 amp slo-blo rated at 250V? Thanks for any input anyone can offer.

No, I don't believe that would be a good idea. I mean, you're doubling the power that it takes to trip the thing. But give me a day to check on that one.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

Well, according to some guys more learned than I, it's fine.

Light

"Cowards can never be moral."
M.K. Gandhi

since it's not a resistive load sure it's fine an amp is an amp... the voltage shouldn't really inter into it... since it's a series device all the current used by the total has to pass through it... but it doesnt have to use any current as it's resistence is neglegable in the overall scheme of things...

Thanks to everyone for your replies. I didn't want to assume I could use a 250 if it meant something like what Light had first surmised.

Actually no. Just thought I would update the situation in case anyone cared to know more. I ran into a wall on the diagnosis and eventually took it to a shop to get it fixed. The "I'll have it for you in a month" turned into nearly a year (this guy gets all the repair biz from touring groups when they are in the area). He does great work and even tweaked a few other things while he was inside the amp for no extra charge.

I understand where your coming from Lou. In the interest of maintaining a good relationship I didn't press the matter. I wasn't using the amp at the time to earn income. Had I been a working musician I would have approached things differently. The other amps that interrupted my repair were those of working players. I would not have wanted to impair their income by demanding my amp be attended to first. In the course of the repair time I lost my job of 34 years in a RIF and was unsure as to whether I could pay for the repair at all no matter what the cost. Things worked out in an agreeable manner for me. Someone else would have had a different outcome or take on it I'm sure. Thanks for you thoughts Lou.

Back