Repairing my RAT

Walt-Dogg

Ok, so I don't know how, but somehow my thread ended up in the Acoustic forum. Anyways, here's some copy pasta:

So I've got a RAT that's getting up there in years and well, it's starting to die it seems. I turn the pedal on get a full signal out of it for a split second then it goes away and I then have to pick up pedal by its back at a 45 degree angle and slam/drop it down to the floor or top of my amp to get a full signal out of the pedal again. Not really much else to say other than ask what's wrong with it?

So I got the PCB out of the pedal casing and took these pictures. Aside from a bit of corrosion, I'm not quite sure what to check specifically, should I just go through the whole thing reheating all the solder joints? Here's a couple of pictures, one of each side, of the PCB.

photo1.jpg

photo.jpg

Yeah, nevermind, I fixed it. Turns out one of the hard wires coming from the bottom of the button was lose.

Good thing you found it quickly- that kind of treatment usually means other things go wrong real fast.

Yeah, I'm glad I got it. The problem seems to have gone away but I'll probably still take it to my tech to be on the safe side.

Back