Rendering from home studio

nunyabusiness

Hello. I recently finished my first mix down. It took some time but very pleased with the results. I did the mix down in Cakewalk Home Studio, and now I’m wondering what would be the best way to convert it to stereo. Should I just export to wave file, or should I play it from Home Studio, and re-record it in Wavelab? I could run it through my mixer, or I could just record from the soundcards out put. If I’m going to put it on CD should I convert it to 16 bit 44.1 khz, or should I let easy CD creator do the conversion? Is there any thing else I should consider?

Thanks in advance!
NB

Is there a "Render As" or "mixdown" function (or something to that effect) in your software? If so, then that would be the way to go.

As for getting that bugger on a CD, you'll want to convert your mixdown to 44 khz, 16-bit. When you do that, you should enable the dithering option -- something your software should allow for.

Why would you use a non-RedBook, consumer CD writing program like ECDC if you have WaveLab?!?

I'd export at 44.1k 24-bit (if you can) from Cakewalk and dither on the burn in WaveLab. Even the stock WL dithering is likely better than CHS's...

Good luck!

John Scrip - www.massivemastering.com

Back