Remove popping in recording

ckolling

I recorded our worship band at church, and on all 7 channels of audio, there are loud pops. They sound like a quick burst of white noise. They appear random, as they are on all channels, at different times.
I am using a Presonus 24.4.2 mixing board, using Presonus Capture to record the mix as separate channels, which exports as WAV files.
i then take these into Reaper, or more recently Adobe Audition to master each song into an MP3 for us to improve as a band.
However, this time, there are lots of these loud pops I am talking about. They haven't been there before. Not sure what's going on.
ANYHOW, I started manually cleaning them up in Reaper by zooming in, and splitting the spikes with cross faders. However, this is very, very tedious manual work.
Can somebody please help me figure out a simpler (automatic, or easier way)? Surely there is something I can use, since the spikes are so obvious on the waveform.
I am a beginner to DAW, and really just have applied some effects, and split up songs.
Thank you very much,
Chris
WAV and soundwave picture attached.

Attachments

• PoppingVox.jpg
    PoppingVox.jpg
    654.2 KB · Views: 15
  • Popping vox.mp3
    70 KB · Views: 3
Which version of Audition do you have? If CS6, you could try the Automatic click and pop remover (On the Noise Reduction/Restoration menu under Effects. I don't guarantee it'd work (it's designed for instantaneous clicks, not something with a duration as big as that) but it's worth playing with the threshold control to see if you can find a setting that grabs it.

Beyond that though you really need to investigate the cause of the problem. I don't know anything about Presonus Capture but it might be worth recording direct to Audition to see if that clears it up. Others things I'd check would be the Firewire cable itself, the compatibility of the chip set in your computer with the Presonus (many audio devices insist on a TI chipset) and maybe something like the input buffer size on your computer. If you have control over the wordclock timing reference, that's another thing to look at.

Back