Released Album | Track "Lake" | Deep House Ambient Chill

CookAndStans

Hi,
We released a new Deep House Album throgh Beatport and Spotify.
I dont know if I may post electronic music here, but Its somehow a homestudio I have here.

The track is very laidback.
Its meant to sound a bit "not high definition / not clean" I used Diva an virtual analogue synthesizer.
What do you think about the track in general and in mixing?

Thanks so much for your time.
I left some comments,
Kind regards,
Stans

I started listening on the headphones, then switched it to speakers since you probably want to know what the sub is doing. I am hearing rumble that I am pretty sure you don't want. Not a lot, but if I were to crank it, that rumble would not be nice. Birds not to my taste.

Ending didn't do it for me. Like you just cut it off (as in, not intentional). Mix seemed OK (except for rumble), but there wasn't much depth in the song and after about 30 seconds, well wasn't holding my attention.

Hope this feed back was helpful.

Hi and thanks for your feedback.
Thanks for listening!
Well I mixed it with headphones- so thank you for the sub information.
Its a bit stupid to make electronic music without a sub. I will buy one, when I can afford...

With depth in the mix- do you mean stereo panorama?
Thanks and have a nice weekend.
Stans

Double what DM60 said about the rumbling. Nice sounds but the composition doesn't go anywhere and seems to run out of ideas. Maybe introduce new elements as you go along to keep the listener's interest?

Overall some nice sounds. I don't have a sub, so I can't really comment on the low end rumble. But based on what I'm hearing on my system I'm surprised there is a rumble. But I'd like to the other guys on that one.

Agree that the tune needs to go somewhere, but it really doesn't.

Back