Relaxed summer tune

Ulli,
Another breezy track that oozes summer.
My only nit is the stoccato chords are a bit loud - could be my system though.
Is that a timbali I hear or a treated snare?
Nice burbling bass.
Who is that vocalists?
Another very together pice of work mate - well done.
Whe will you post some more of your lovely reggae?

Hey, no timbals just the small set of our live drummer :) It has been very difficult to mix real drums, sampled/programmed drums don't have track overcrossing ;)

And yep another 2 reggae tracks are in the queue coming asap :D

Cheers

- Ulli -

Very catchy tune. I liked it instantly. Exellent vocal tone and a feel reminecent of "Sweetest Taboo", for me anyway. Very listenable with compelling melodies, a natural arrangement and tasty performances.

This is a highly polished piece of work so any suggests I make are merely personal preference.

The first suggestion I would make is with the rhythm piano. It feels heavy-handed somehow. I don't think it is a mix problem so much as the chords are too dense. I'd thin out the chords a bit and play with a lighter touch. The next suggestion is bring in a touch more bass. The bass work is tasty and lyin' down a cool groove. I feel a little more bass could provide alittle bit the overall sound more "body".

I having to stretch to find anything to critique. Outstanding work.

Daren

Hey, thx. That happens when a bass player plays the piano too :) Just tend to mix the bass to heavy, so this time it cutted it back, maybe too much...

Thank you

- Ulli -

I think the bass is okay where it sits. The whole arrangement is top notch, very pro. The 128K file is not bad but certainly a .wav file would be much nicer. I agree the keyboard is "heavy" but unless I heard a .wav I would hold judgement on the tone. I think with better resolution it might be alright.....
Excellent job ULLI....... :D

Back