Rehearsal recording

I like the wah after the vox come in - gives it a very Stooges stooges sound. The rhythm's a bit them too - which is, in my book UNREAL.
Bob Quine - the stuff he did with the voidoids 1st LP was brilliant and off the wall - & then with Matt Sweet brilliant but restrained.Back to your work - great - if the vocals were just a hair tidier this'd be a REAL CD as mentioned.

Awsome!!!

The quality of this is much better than what a buddy o mine gave me as pre premier material to go on their "record" that's actually gonna be pressed on cd's and sold with a cover:D

Solid drums and bass. Really rockin' gtrs.

I really enjoyed it mate:D

Two thumbs up!

Cheers!

I like the wah after the vox come in - gives it a very Stooges stooges sound. The rhythm's a bit them too - which is, in my book UNREAL.
Bob Quine - the stuff he did with the voidoids 1st LP was brilliant and off the wall - & then with Matt Sweet brilliant but restrained.Back to your work - great - if the vocals were just a hair tidier this'd be a REAL CD as mentioned.

Thanks for listening, guys! I appreciate the comments.

And yeah, I put too much 'verb on the vox in the mix. I'm gonna rework my P.A./recording paths so I can get each voice on its own track.

Heh, sorry - wasn't ignoring you....

Guitar left (Reverend guitar into a Reverend amp) - e609s
Guitar right (Epiphone ES-335 through Reverend amp) - e609s (the one I just bought from kojdogg)
Bass (cheap Ibanez through Stewart power amp into SVT cab) - Beyer TG-X50
Kick - EV RE20
Snare - Beyer M201
Tom 1 - SM57
Tom 2 - SM57
Floor tom - ATM25
OH - pair of MXL 603 in x/y
Main vox - Beta 58
Ken's vox - SM57
Josh's vox - SM57
My vox - Crown CM311a headset mic

I'm lucky enough to have a separate control room next to the studio space. The guitar and bass mics were plugged into my Mackie 1604. Drum mics through Octane, OH through DMP3. Vocal mics into a Behringer :-)eek:) MX1604 mixer into makeshift PA w/line going to Mackie for recording. Unfortunately I've had to record all 4 vocal mics to 1 track. I need to reconfigure my set-up to separate them (the stupid Behringer mixer has limited # of outputs). I slapped a compressor onto the bass channel (dbx 163x) while recording.

Wow thats a lot of tracks. Kick ass sound man.

Lol. My guitarist wants me to wear a headset mic to sing backups as I drum. I told him fuck no. No fucking way. :D

Back