Reggae Acid Library Sucks Big!

Sus4

I'm a longtime reggae artist who has been playing as of late with acid pro to make some dub remixes and loops. Well, I made the mistake of going out and getting the "New Roots Reggae" loop library sound unseen assuming there might be something of use on it. If you want reggae sounds, DO NOT BUY THIS DISK! It is the most pathetic excuse for reggae I've ever heard! There isn't anything on this disk that sounds remotely like a big name reggae artist. Most of it sound like over FXed techno. The basses are absolutely worthless, I can't believe they payed somebody to lay this stuff down. It sounds like they took the cheapest bass they could find and then recorded it the 80Hz turned way up. Here I was expecting some cool bigtime grooves like those put out by Steel Pulse, Aswad, Black Uhuru, Burning Spear, Lee Perry, The Gladiators, Linton Kwesi Johnson and all the other heavy hitters and I get this crap.... Shame on you Sonic Foundry, next time try listening to something (anything) from the genre before charging people for a disk of it. I will never buy another Acid loop library again!

Back