Reflection Filters

Which would you choose, reflection filter or vocal isolator thing!

• Reflection filter

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Isocube

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Neither

Votes: 2 100.0%

• Total voters

Steve Ireland

I currently have a fair standard reflection filter that is quite good but unwieldy. I know there are various views on how effective they are in general but that isn’t my question here. For those who do use them, do you think the usual type is better or do you prefer one of these things?

https://www.studiospares.com/microp...-isocube-vocal-microphone-isolator-465780.htm

I like the idea of the compactness of the isolator but there’s no point in changing if there will be no advantage other than weight / convenience.

Thanks

If there is lots of excess top end in a space, then a block of foam will certainly reduce that liveliness but it won't work for the booms and low end honks. I tried one of the wrap around things to get rid of fan noise in the room and that HF fluttery sound vanished, but the low end rumble just carried on. I think you should add 'neither' or 'either' to the vote.

I voted neither, really just because the wrap around filter I bought went back into the box and that, was that! It does make the mic sound a bit deader - which could be useful - maybe if you are in a busy space with lots of mids to highs and wall reflections itdoes help reduce things, but so does a duvet on a mic stand.

Back