Reel 2 Mac?

jimfrusciante

Hi

Please can some people advise me how best to navigate the probably foolish translation from Tape to Digital.

I'm just getting into my recording technique and I will be primarily using tape, but I would like to use my mac as a temporary mastering unit, making CDs and potentially re-mixing, adding digital effects etc t 16 tracks if possible.

Am I gonna (be able to do it at all?) Encounter problems with interface?
And can someone tell me the basic requirments for such a process, as well as recommended software.
I don't want to get fancy or anything, the very very basics are all I need, something that can let me be a bit more illustrative with my mixing, surround sound, and unnecassary effects for fun and spoofing.

I guess the 16 tracks input would be the hard thing, I expect I may be going in one by one.. (or 2 by 2 stereo:)

Anyway, Please go as abstract with it as you want, any discussion apreciated.

Cheers

Jim

What kind of mac are you using? What's your budget? Are you trying to record 16 individual tracks to the Mac for mixing/mastering?

well do you have garage band? what version of mac OS are you running? and again how much will you spend on all this?

Back