Red Planet slap bass

jdavidb

Bass guitar mixed in relatively louder than other songs, but it works. It doesn't clip unless you make it clip. Red Planet mp3 It is 2 mins 33 seconds.

I did it in Adobe Audition. There's no compression on anything. No reverb. I didn't even use a compressor to record bass. No post-recording EQ was used on tracks or the mixdown. There's only a normalize to -1 on the final mixdown.

If you would also like to see the video of it, I used this same mp3's wav counterpart as the audio track in this video Red Planet video on Youtube

thats some heela nice slap! i've been playin' bass for years and havn't managed to get some of those moves.....nice

Awesome slap bass! This song is kinda weird, it sounds old school and it feels spaceish and planetish. The bass is taking alot of the low end and therefore I can see why your drums are so low but if that's what your going for then there is nothing wrong as far as I know.

myhatbroke said:
Awesome slap bass! This song is kinda weird, it sounds old school and it feels spaceish and planetish. The bass is taking alot of the low end and therefore I can see why your drums are so low but if that's what your going for then there is nothing wrong as far as I know.

dude your an idiot....the song is called RED PLANET

have you heard this lately?

thanks for the replies so far. I'm here readin' and everything. I thought I subscribed so I'd know when replies happen quicker.

I understood what you were saying, myhatbroke. You were saying it's supposed to sound spacey and planetlike since its title is Red Planet :D I know what you mean. That's what I was going for.

Too bad I didn't come up with more lyrics, but while I was recording it, it was making me feel like I should let it have that long instrumental tail on it without any more than 1 verse and 1 pseudo-chorus.

Great groove, cool video.

I really like that slap bass Stanley Clark type style. The bass is forward but it deserves it. Funkadelic, very nice

Bass is good after the intro - there seem to be hurried notes or mistimings when at the beginning.
I no fan of slap but you do it very nicely indeed & it does belong where it is in the mix.
Well done.

Back