Red from Blue

I'm curious about that mic also, I already have a pair of Bottles and all the caps but something smaller that could use them would be great if it sounds good

yea tape op has a review on them.There are 2 mics red A&B and they come with a capsule.I think the A mic is a tube thing.the B mic is 450$ and the B7 capsule(u-47) is 650$ i believe :p
Slobber how do you like the B7 capsule? :confused:

The RED mics use BLUE Bottle capsules...so it's a hell of a way to get into the bottle caps for cheap. I haven't used, but the BLUE rep was telling me the other day about it. Seemed interesting enough I guess...

War

I'm eyeballing the 47 capsule as well : ) I saw that the lollipop works with the AKG 451 body. I was hoping I could ghetto out and get the B7 to work on my oktava 012 body! I see it's only the lollipop that they have threaded for the 451 so no such luck ; ) I think the red body with the capsules looks hot. Tape Op seems to think they have a sound to match. If I can get into a modular mic with a 47 sound for a grand-ish, I'm on it. I've really been eyeballing the pelusos but the red modular thing sounds really inviting AND cost effective. That's my story. Okay, bye.

mckay
bounce inventive audio
http://www.b-oz.com

Slobber how do you like the B7 capsule?
The only experience I have with the b7 is on the Bottles and on a Cactus I have. I haven't tried them on any other mics. The Cactus has a different sound than the Bottles even though it is the b7 capsule. It's similar but different, I guess cuz of the different electronics.

On the Bottles it's a "go to" for many vocals. I like the b0 for many male singers and they make killer drum overheads. The b7 works well all around. When we're working with someone new and we have the time, we'll usually set up several mics including Rodes, other blue mics, Sp and GTs and start a/b-ing. The Bottles almost always win BUT the Rode KT has been sort of sleeper lately.

I haven't heard a bad sound out of any of the caps (if the artist has talent that is) It's more like asking what flavor does one want versus what sounds best.

My biggest complaint about the Bottles is the size (they're huge) imagine trying to mic a snare with it. so, if that little Red mic has a good sound that would be a nice solution since I have a couple of sets of capsules.

The Red Type-B is on top of my list, too. Trying to get a Neumann/Gefell M7 capsule for it. That could be a good combination (time-proven capsule with modern electronics). Reviews of the Tybe-B in the mags are very good so far.

Back