Recording with Cubase AI 5.1 and Yamaha MW10C

Ludolf

Hi all

I'm new to posting on this forum but have been tracking it for quite a while and finally need a bit of help as I'm a relative novice to home recording.

I have recently been given a MW10C as a present and it ships with Cubase AI 5.1. I normally use Sony Acid Pro but as Cubase came with the mixer, I thought I'd start by using the software supplied and try to get that working first. I haven't set up the multi track recording with Sony before either so I thought I'd use the supplied Cubase and get to know that.

I have followed the manual (for AI 4) supplied for set up and have linked the mixer to the computer OK. I am using a spare notebook with windows xp and a built in Realtec sound card to keep the set up discrete from work notebooks etc.

I want to set up multi track recording so that I can record a local band with each port on the mixer mapping to a Audio Track in Cubase. i.e. guitar 1, mike 1, guitar 2 etc simultaneously.

My first problem is that I can't seem to map all of the ports from the mixer to the Audio Tracks in Cubase. The default templates only seem to offer 2 tracks (i.e. accoustic guitar and vocal etc).

I have used this template just to try and get anything working. I've mapped the vst and plugged the guitar into input 1 and managed to record from this input OK. I've then done the same for a second input individually.

My second problem is it seems that when I arm both for recording simultaneously and plug into a single port, I get the same track recorded on both ports. i.e I get two duplicate tracks from the port the guitar is plugged into when I would expect to only get a recording for the one with the guitrar in.

I am wondering is I need other hardware (maybe a better sound card) to be able to map all tracks to inputs from the mixer.

I'd appreciate any advice you all could give. Thanks guys

Yeah, that mixer will only give you two separate tracks to DAW. To get them separate, pan one left and one right. You will need a USB2.0 or firewire interface with multiple inputs to do what you are looking for.

Sorry man, no you cant. Not at the same time. Only two tracks at once, to separate tracks is possible. :(

Ey guys, i want to buy this yamaha, for record a little band, but reading your comments i can see that is not possible, so, what can i do with this mw10c ? i hope that you can help me. Regars from Mexico

Ey guys, i want to buy this yamaha, for record a little band, but reading your comments i can see that is not possible, so, what can i do with this mw10c ? i hope that you can help me. Regars from Mexico

Did you already buy it? All you can do is record a stereo track from the 10 channels on the mixer.

Back