Recording voice with FL studio or Pro Tools or Cubase

BEFORE you go out and download all those free trials, learn how to backup and restore your computer. Don't install lots of different DAWs on the same machine, at the same time. Start fresh each time.

Too many times have I seen poorly written SW and drivers interfere with other SW. Especially if one is rockin' XP or Vista -- or if one doesn't keep up with updates. (I'm an ex-MSFT employee, FYI).

I'm not sure I would call the major DAW's poorly written software. I have had no issue downloading the trial versions, and going back to each, with the same audio files, to learn how they work. I don't see why one would need to 'Restore' after each download. Unless one was using cracked versions of software.

I think I may be misunderstanding your point. Please explain your reasoning. I would like to know why you say this.

I presently have 3 versions of Audition, Reaper and Sonar on my sound PC with no problems--and when new software comes out, I frequently download the trials to have a look. I also have 3 different types of sound playback software for theatre shows and dive between DAW and playback stuff all the time. I've never had a single issue despite playing with DAWs since Cool Edit 96 came out in, er, '96.

No problems here aswell.
What I do is that I use FL to make the backing tracks, export the wav into Cubase. Then vocal recording -> export vocal tracks to FL. Little bit of mixing and done!

Original poster can replace Cubase with Reaper and work the same way

This is what I don't understand; why are you guys tracking in one DAW, and then swtiching over to another just to record, and then bringing it back to another?

It would make sense if you have all your tracking done in DAW, and then export the files to the other, but why would you do these seemingly redundant actions for one track? What's wrong with tracking in the DAW you're mixing in? We've established they both sound the same, and the work flow portion seems to be negated by the excessive work of exporting and importing songs into your other DAW.

Well the problem is that FL tracking system sucks, but the song making workflow is much better. I don't like Cubase' piano roll, automation system and some more small things, but otherwise it's great!

Back