Recording via Optical in Pro Tools Question

AumStudioBrian

Hello,

I have been triing to record from a Roland VS-1680 track recorder into my Pro Tools LE Digi002 via Optical cables. I basically just want to record the Roland tracks straight into PT for mixing and mastering purposes. BUT for some reason I cannot configure this to work??? So far, I've only been able to get any audio when PT is set to recieve the audio from the S/PDIF, which is only 2 tracks. But I need the Optical setting because I need 8 channels of audio.

I think it was something to do with the I/O setup and/or the clock source. I don't know if I need to set to my internal clock or the source clock? Does anyone know how to configure PT to record via Optical???

*Also, do both, in and out, Optical calbes need to be used? Right now I'm only using 1 cable... from the out of the Roland to the in on the Digi002. Thanks--

Under Setups -> Hardware Setup, select ADAT. The Clock should be set to Optical and the sample rate should be set to match what is on the Roland. PTLE wants the external device to be the clock source for the input.

I am assuming that the Roland will be a standard ADAT interface. I use an ADAT LX20 for input into PTLE with this configuration and it works fine.

Back