Recording using pc.

Guitarist[ash]

How do i record my guitar on to my pc using the line in socket on my soundcard? I have Data Becker music center is there a way i can use that 2 record?

Try posting this in the "Computer Recording Soundcards" Forum. Probably get more responses there. Good luck.

Fangar

Well..............

The majority of people will say that you should mic your amp and send it through a mic pre-amp to your soundcard line in........
I agree with this but, it's not the way I do it.....

I send the signal from the "headphone" jack directly into the souncard line in....
Of course, my amp only pushes 15 amps.........anymore might fry the PC........ya know?

Micing your amp IS the best way by far........

You need to adjust your preferences in your Control Panel (PC)
before you try it my way though........you need to select "line in" as your preference........it is gonna have a lot of noise this way but, ya get sound........

God I need some gear....
Joe

1 - run guitar straight into mic in of soundcard

2 - mic a guitar amp with a dynamic mic and run the mic straight into the mic in of the soundcard

3 - go thru the direct out of the amp into the line in of the soundcard

4 - run the mic thru a direct box/preamp/ampsimulator and go into the line in of the soundcard

5 - mic an amp with a dynamic mic, run the mic into a preamp, and go from the preamp into the line in of the soundcard

the higher you go up in numbers the better sound youll get, but they'll all work....

I also followed Joro's method. Earphonejacks to line in of sound card. There will be noise if you listen closely. but still worth the fun, considering the money you might be saving. Right now I am doing a major overhaul on equipment. i got a mixer. finally!!

Back