Recording to Zip Drives

superkix

This is extremely new to me. I was wondering how you can use a zip drive to store beats and tracks without using a computer. I know that the keyboard I have has MIDI capabilities that allow me to save directly to a floppy disk, but what would I connect my zip drive to in order to use it in the same way? Please someone, anyone, HELP!

i dont think what you want to do can be done... but if you have a zip , im assuming you have a computer..right ?

well.. i dont know much about zips , i have a cd-rw myself , but i believe that it would be just a matter of inserting the floppy into your computer , and dragging and dropping the files into your zip drive the same way you drag and drop files into your floppy...

im not sure if i answered you correctly... but i hope this helps...

- eddie -

You don´t use a MIDI interface for saving to floppy or ZIP as far as I know but something like a SCSI interface. I´ve never have seen keyboards with such an interface. I myself have a sampler (Ensoniq ASR-X) with a built in SCSI interface for a ZIP drive and know someone with a MPC2000 with such an interface, but I don´t think it can be done on a keyboard.

[This message has been edited by Nicolay (edited 01-06-2000).]

yeah, you will have to have a SCSI port in the back of your keyboard to be able to use drives like the Iomega zip, or other mass storage media drives.

smoov

Back