Recording to Cubase

samd577

Hi.

So i connected my guitar to the laptop using the microphone input and a converter that converts normal jack to mini jack in order to fit into the mini jack lead hole on the computer. Is there any way i can record direct input onto cubasesx3 like this?

If it helps, i also have one of those line six ports. What i really need to do is to record onto cubase, cam someone explain to me please how i should go about plugging in and whta settings i need to change so thst it will work :) thank you.

I reccomend an M-audio Mobile Pre USB pre amp. Mine works awesome with cubase and sounds great it hooks up VIA USB ( as you probably know by reading this ) and it has 2 1/4 inch inputs as well as 2 XLR inputs, and a stereo jack input (which I havent gotten to work yet). Besides the USB out put it also has a hook up for your computer speakers and 2 1/4 output jacks for studio monitors or sends to another source, like a 4 track or a mixer or whatever. and the best part I got it all for 150 bucks at guitar center. The only drawback is I cant get it to work with acid pro mainly because I cant get acid pro to work at all lol. hope this helps. in the meantime I would try doing a multi track analog recording (the 24 channel one) and see if you can set cubase to your mic in jack on your sound card. it does that on mine and it is only a soundblaster so imagine you should be able to do it.

Last edited:
Back