Recording to computer

Cobra67

I was planning on recording some music from my Tascam424III to the computer in hopes of converting it to a WAV file. I'm not really interested in editing the music on the computer, just recording it. I know that I connect the line outs on the 4 track to my mic in/line in on the computer. Anywho, that's not the problem....

My sound recorder only allows recording for 60 seconds. Is there any type of download I can get just so I can record a whole song? I know about Cool Edit Pro but it's "Save" feature only lasts for 30 days. Just let me know. Thanks!

First of all you will want to transfer your music from the Tascam Outs into the computer Line In, not the Mic In. :)

You can also download a trial versions Vegas Audio 2.0 or a demo versions of Sound Forge from the SonicFoundry Website. sonicfoundry.com

Or a trial version of Cakewalk 9 from the Cakewalk website.

I hope this helps you a bit.

Peace.....SPIN

HEY COBRA!

I just did the same thing with my original 424.

Go from the "Tape Out" of the 424 to the "Line In" of your sound card [ a 2 RCA to 1/8" stereo cord needed for this}.

I used Music Match Jukebox and recorded them as wav files then let Music Match convert them to MP3. Works great.
Watch you levels, it is real easy to overdrive the sound card....

What's up Cobra67

Since you don't have a LINE IN, and your MIC IN will probably give you undesirable recorded audio WAV.s

Then, you might consider purchasing a better sound card for your computer.

There are a myriad of choices and price ranges to choose from (as you can see from reading the various threads on these posts).

So, my good friend you are now presented with another problem to solve...

1) Are you going to buy another/new sound card?

2) Which one will you buy?

Talk wih you soon.....

Peace SPIN

Where is that site?

Shailat wrote:
"There is a light version of Pro Tools for free at Digi's site no time limit."
Man, that sounds like just what I need. However, where is Digi's site?
Sorry if this is a super naive question, I'm very new to the hold recording thing...

Thanks a lot for responding, anyone.. :)
-chadly_7

Back